Ethos and values
St Edmund’s Nursery School and Children’s Centre is a purpose built centre in Girlington, Bradford, for children aged 0 to 5 years and their families. We provide high quality nursery school education, extended provision between the hours of 7.45am and 5.45pm and a range of services for children, families and the community.
- To provide a warm, secure and welcoming environment.
- To value all children and parents.
- To provide high quality education and care.
- To provide a broad, balanced and well planned curriculum.
- To engage and inspire all children through valuing their interests and setting high expectations.
- To develop a culture of lifelong learning for all.
- To ensure equality through promoting inclusive practices.
- To work with families and other agencies to provide the best possible start for children.
- To continually monitor and evaluate our work.
We opened the doors of our new building in the autumn of 2006. The original St Edmund’s Nursery School occupied the building erected by the congregation and Sunday School of Brownroyd Mission Church, Bingley Street in affectionate remembrance of HW Newport who for many years took an active part in the work of the church. The memorial stone was laid on 24th October 1874. The Nursery School has provided high quality nursery education for many years which is an excellent foundation for our future work.