Courses for parents
The West Bradford Cluster offers 4 courses for parents. Please call 01274 544922 about when are where the next courses are running.
Antenatal Nurturing: The Family Links ‘Welcome to the World’ programme is an 8-week group course for Mums and Dads who are expecting a baby. Delivered by our Family Support Workers, the programme contributes to:
- Increased empathic attunement and secure attachment
- Reduced risk of child abuse and neglect
- Improved couple relationships
- Reduced stress and perinatal depression
- Increased understanding of child development
- Improved perinatal health for mother and baby
HENRY (Health, Exercise and Nutrition for the Really Young): An eight week healthy lifestyle and parenting programme for parents and carers. HENRY enables a good start for babies and young children by bringing together 3 elements:
1. Information about Food and Activity: Give babies and young children a good start and help the whole family to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
2. Parenting Skills: Helping parents develop the confidence and skills to support a healthy lifestyle and emotional well-being in the family
3. Behaviour change: Using solution-focused support as part of a strength based partnership approach to help families change old habits and achieve their goals.
LIFE (Learning, Infants, Feelings and Emotions) Course: Flexible positive parenting course developed by St Edmund’s for individual families or for groups. The course runs over 2 sessions and can be delivered in English, Punjabi, Urdu, Pushto and Slovak. Please ring us to find out more, or call into your local children’s centre.
Nurturing Programme: The Family Links Nurturing Programme helps parents and children understand and manage feelings and behaviour, improve relationships at home and in school, improve emotional health and wellbeing and develop self-confidence and self-esteem. The course runs for 10 weeks. Limited crèche places are available. Please contact the school/centre for more information.