In the West Bradford Children’s Centre Cluster we have a group of volunteers who help out with activities. This means we can run more activities, and the volunteers themselves benefit by gaining experience of working with children and families. Our Volunteer Group meets regularly for support and training, and all volunteers are fully supported.
Could you volunteer at a children’s centre?
- Gain experience of working with parents and children
- Feel valued, and part of a team
- Gain confidence and self-esteem
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Develop existing skills and knowledge
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience
- Enhance your CV
- Improve your employment prospects
- Get to know your local community
- Make a difference to the lives of others
We are currently looking for volunteers to support:
- Crèche (sessions for children aged 0 – 4 only)
- Baby Stay and Play and Stay and Play (children and parents)
- Admin tasks and helping on reception
- Translating – can you speak a language other than English?
- Parent Champion Group
- PLAY (a stay and play especially for invited families)
- Sharing Together (children with additional needs)
- West Bradford Toy Library
To become a volunteer, talk to one of the team at a children’s centre or call 01274 544922.Volunteers must be able to provide proof of ID, and proof they can work in the UK or Asylum Seeker ID.