Early Years Hub
Training by Practitioners, for Practitioners
Our programme of training courses is available through the Bradford Birth to 19 Teaching School. We offer a range of training courses including Teaching and Learning in Practice, Nurturing Two Year Olds, Promoting British Values, Using Video, Working in Partnership with Children’s Centres, Developmental Movement, Using the EYFS, Phun with Phonics and Where’s the Maths? For more information, please go to the BB To 19 website. If you would like to be added to our mailing list and receive regular emails about our training opportunities please email our Workforce Development Leader Andrea Layzell at email@example.com. or call 01274 543282.
Latest news: We are working in partnership with Early Education to host three courses in 2018.
Tuesday 27th February - How to Explore the World: problem solving and creative thinking
Friday 27th April - Clay & creativity in the early years
Monday 25th June - Introducing woodwork in early years education
Early Years Hub
The Bradford Birth to 19 Teaching School Alliance is the lead agency for the Bradford Early Years Hub, on behalf of National College for Teaching and Leadership (NCTL). As part of our work we have:
- Developed strong links with private and voluntary providers in West Bradford, expanding across the district.
- Developed the workforce through a Foundation Degree offer to early years, school and health staff in collaboration with Pen Green Research Development Base and the University of Hertfordshire.
- Established a baseline of quality improvement work using ITERS and ECERS environment rating scales.
- Developed bespoke whole team training available to settings.
- Started work on developing a career path for early years practitioners and associate staff in schools.
- Been an active part of a national pilot of the HELLO Project with the National Literacy Trust, supporting outcomes in language and communication. Funding from St Edmund’s HELLO project, supported by the National Literacy Trust has contributed to developing an exciting storytelling area at Broomfield Nursery in Clayton.